Thursday, November 1, 2012

Urban Nature Walk

Every Day Matters #63 - Take a nature walk and sketch what you find. 5" x 8" journal page, pencil sketch, watercolor paints, Pigma pen. Oct. 29, 2012.
I picked up several things on my morning walk, around the neighborhood, and down passed the warehouses. A common yellow thistle found in vacant lots and along the road, most of them had turned to puff, but a few were still budding. I'll have to collect a leaf, so I can ID them, maybe it's a dandelion variety? I also have to ID the pretty yellow wildflower, again most had gone to seed, and when I picked the flowers I noticed how distinct the seed balls are, so I painted them too. The oak acorns are from the big city meridian, between Commercial street, and the birch twig is from my yard. I had fun doing this one, it was quick and simple, but I really paid attention to the details on the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment