Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bounty

Double Journal page, 8" x 10" pencil sketch, water color paints. Sept. 18, 2012.
"Pumpkins have always been a big deal at our house. Carving Jack-o-lanterns when we were kids was a huge production. My Dad brought home a 120 pound pumpkin once and we cut it with a saber saw and put a light bulb in it. We were the envy of the neighborhood. We played spooky music on an old record player, and decorated the front porch area. I have always carved pumpkins as an adult, and try to find the largest one I can get. I cook the pumpkin into mush the next day and make pumpkin bread and pies. My pies are more creamy-eggy than sweet potato pies & store bought pies. I have people pestering me, "when are you making pumpkin bread?" Sketched from my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment