Friday, September 28, 2012

Calla Lily II

6" x 8" watercolor paper, pencil sketch, masking fluid, watercolor paints, wet on wet. Sept. 25, 2012.
"I did not like how all the brush strokes showed on my first calla lily painting. So I tried it again on better paper. I like this one better. My sister has a whole row of large calla lilies along the side of her house. One year a lady paid her $1 per stem, for about 50 flowers. Another year someone came and stole them all. I hate flower thieves!! Over the years, someone has stolen, sunflower heads, all my foxglove, daffodils, lilacs, and one new iris, that I was waiting to see bloom, and the deer eat anything else. I would love to see my garden bloom some year. I work hard in my garden, terraced areas, cobble stone paths, lots of fancy iris, spring bulbs, shady maple tree with benches under it, and I want to see the fruits of my labor." Here is the first pic also for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment