Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sophie's Dress

Every Day Matters Challenge #22 - Draw some clothes. 5" x 8" Journal page, pencil sketch, watercolor paints, Pigma pen. Sept. 7, 2012.
"Ice dyed rayon sundress for my niece Sophie" I dyed this dress when the Fyber Cafe group had their fabric dyeing workshop this summer. Meredith gave me the dress and I used an assortment of green dyes because my niece Sophie loves green. I used the darker colors at the bottom, blue,emerald green, sea isle teal, turquoise, green and chartreuse, then I added lemon yellow over it all to make sure the blues turned out green. I'm going to send it to her as soon as I finish sewing my sisters kitchen curtains. It was fun to play with the watercolor paints to replicate the splotchyness of the ice dyeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment