Friday, September 28, 2012

Los Dos Amigos I & II

Both 5" x 7" watercolor paper, pencil sketch, colored pencils, Pigma pen. Sept 25 & 26, 2012.
Los Dos Amigos Mexican Restaurant, corner of Garden Valley & Stephens, Roseburg, Oregon. Sketched while on break on my school bus, the first pic is slow and deliberate, over several days, of sketching, coloring and inking. A ruler would have been useful, I got a few of the angels off, and wish I'd drawn it smaller so it fit on the paper better. The second, I did in about 10 minutes, color and ink, no pencil sketch, I was trying for quick and energetic, loose and fun. Again, I wish it was smaller, so I didn't have to squeeze in the flags. Not sure if I got the quick fluidity I was trying for. Being cramped up working on my steering wheel, may have contributed to the stiffness. It is an all brick building with a red metal roof. It used to be a Fire House Pizza restaurant, so that's why the architecture is the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment