Saturday, September 8, 2012

Green Man

Journal page, 5" x 8" mechanical pencil, Sept. 8, 2012.
Sketched from my original photograph, taken in Oakland, Oregon of the historic buildings, in town. The posts framed a doorway and held up a wooden canopy over the door. I believe they are plaster, not carved wood as there are several of them on the facade. Next time I go back, I'll find out which building it was and the date it was built. All the buildings in downtown Oakland have plaques and dates on them. It was a challenge to draw the face as it was white on white, and only the shadows created the expression. I have been having fun with the Everyday Matters Challenges but I am also having fun drawing from my photographs, I'll have to print out some more for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment