Sunday, September 23, 2012

Toothbrush

Every Day Matters #39 - Draw your toothbrush. Journal page, 5" x 8" pencil sketch, watercolor paints, Pigma pen, Sept. 16, 2012.
I discovered I like to write in my journal space, when I was doing individual pages, I wrote on the back of each, about why I choose that object or view, and what it meant to me. Now in the bound journal I wasn't doing that. But I like to write and missed it, one of the reasons I did not, was that the journal paper was thinner, and you can see some bleed through on the painted side of the paper. But any way, to write... "My husband has always gone crazy trying to find the perfect toothbrush holder. The holes can't be too small or too large. It has to hold more than two, but not as many as 6. It has to be easy to clean and stable so it doesn't tip over. Sometimes they stuck on the wall, too difficult to clean and sometimes they were huge hand made ceramic. Of course they had to be blue to match the Cobalt Blue tile work in the bathroom. We've had this one the longest, you can see it matches all his criteria. Perfection!" Now to find the perfect soap dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment