Monday, August 27, 2012

Bandon Lighthouse and Seagulls

5 3/4" x 8" brown paper, collaged seagulls, over pencil sketch, water color pencils, wetted, May 6, 2012
"I was looking for some birds to add to my "Gelli" printed "Birch Trees" I traced the pattern onto release paper from Wonder Under, instead of throwing the patterns away, I glue sticked them to this page. I sketched a few more seagulls, then added the lighthouse. I love this lighthouse, it is so easy to get to and walk around, with a wonderful beach to the North, that has agates and fossilized sea shells. We used to take Taffy, our Golden Retriever/Border Collie to "Bullard's Beach" she loved the sand and the wind, but once she tasted the salt water, she wanted nothing to do with it. I have made a quilt of the lighthouse with hand painted sky fabric, and the view from the South Jetty, with pilings in front of it" PS. The lighthouse is on the North side of the Coquille river, across from the South jetty.

No comments:

Post a Comment