Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dried Botanicals

6" x 8" drawing paper, watercolor wash, dried plant materials, Pigma pen. July 20, 2012
"Pressed botanicals that I have had between the pages of a phone book for several years. I don't remember what the purple morning glory type flowers are. The background is watercolor painted, and the items are put on with mat medium and recoated twice. Pencil drawings and watercolor paint, added extra seeds, leaves, flowers and ferns. Then I went over the drawings with black Pigma pen." The little purple flowers are "million bells".
6" x 8" , brown craft paper, dried fern with mat medium, July 20, 2012. I glued the dried fern with mat medium and then could not figure out anything to do with it. Over paint it? Add more pressed flowers? Stamps, drawings, etc...? It might come to me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment